Other diabetes websites
Other useful sites about diabetes in general
- Diabetes UK
- Official website of the leading organization in Britain representing people with diabetes.
- Diabetes Insight
- Information about all diabetes products available in the UK. Also an online diabetes magazine.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- The UK affiliate of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International. As well as raising money to find a cure for diabetes and its complications, the affiliate provides information on diabetes, new developments in treatment and research, and organises Open Meetings on diabetes research.
- Insulin Dependent Diabetes Trust
- An international group which has successfully campaigned for the continued supply of pork insulin to the UK market.
- Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation
- The Diabetes Research & Wellness Foundation (also known as DRWF) is essentially an organisation of diabetes patients, their parents and their friends joining together in a 'Diabetes Wellness Network' to help all those afflicted by diabetes. The charity's motto "Staying well until a cure is found" states the fundamental aim behind the Foundation's education programmes.
- American Diabetes Association
- The main diabetes organisation in the USA.
- Children with Diabetes
- A wide-ranging, well maintained and up-to-date look at all matters relating to insulin dependent diabetes. Despite its name, this is an excellent resource for everyone.
- Food and Nutrition Information Center
- This is the best online archive we have found giving the nutrional content of foods. This is run by the US Department of Agriculture. There is an excellent search facility where you can enter how much food you want, backed up by an enormous database of ingredients. In addition to the basic nutritional values, it also gives detailed information on the vitamin and mineral content.
- Rick Medosa, an acclaimed internet writer and journalist, maintains a superb resource on diabetes. Hundreds of well cataloged links to other diabetes related sites.
- Frequently-Asked-Questions about diabetes from misc.health.diabetes newsgroup
- This series of documents represents an excellent resource on all areas of diabetes. The facts have been expertly drawn from discussions on the misc.health.diabetes newsgroup. Edited by Edward Reid.
- Frequently-Asked-Questions about diabetes from Lehigh University Diabetic discussion group
- Lehigh runs a very popular discussion group. This is a summary of discussions on various diabetes topics.
- Take Charge of Your Diabetes from the Center for Disease Control
- An authoritative US government-sponsored document on diabetes.
- Diabetic Mommy Online Magazine
- Detailed information about conception, pregnancy and child-birth with Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes.
We have a separate page listing good insulin pump websites.
Created: April 2001; Last updated: Monday 9 July 2004
On 13 Jan 2003 Jonathan Baird wrote:
I have been an insulin dependant diabetic since 1989 and seen a television programme which showed insulin pumps and found this area interesting and wanted to find out more about this sort of treatment. I have found this site very useful and it addressed all the issues I wanted to find out about.